The Pilot Press

OLP Immersion Trips

Back to Article
Back to Article

OLP Immersion Trips

The girls took a break from their hard day at the farm by having a water race

Anisah Enciso

This past month, 18 Pilots left to Nicaragua on a mission to build bathrooms for families in need through the organization, Amigos for Christ. They returned with strong relationships, heart-warming pictures, and many stories to tell, inspiring others to sign up for more of the immersion trips the Academy has to offer.

Pilots will soon be attending retreats at the Appalachian Immersion at Nazareth Farm over Easter Break and hiking Machu Picchu in June. 

The retreat in West Virginia will be focusing on service and deepening their faith. This trip allows you to reflect on the four cornerstone values of the Nazareth Farm:  community, simplicity, prayer, and service. This trip requires you to pull back your sleeves and get to work painting homes and fixing roofs.

Students will soon hop on a plane and arrive in Lima, Peru. They will visit Canto Chico, where CSJ sisters work to provide extra help for students after school. They will then be tourists and explore Cusco, an ancient city that was once home to the Inca Empire. The Sacred Valley is next on their itinerary, a region  near Cusco with Spanish colonial villages on 60 km. of farmland. Students will have the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu, an abandoned city where the Incas have left tourists fascinated by the perfectly-structured architecture that has remained pieced together for centuries, with no mortar piecing them together. They will continue to work on a community project in Lake Titicaca, the largest lake in South America located between Peru and Bolivia. Pilots will end their trip by exploring various floating islands on Lake Titicaca.

We look forward to hearing how these trips turn out! Look out for an article after Easter Break on the Appalachian Immersion Trip to West Virginia! Take the poll below to tell us where you would like OLP to organize an immersion trip to next!

Where would you like to take an immersion trip to?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...